I’ve been taking selfies long before they had a name. I absolutely love taking pictures of myself. Every pretty girl should. Below are my top tips for taking the perfect selfie.
1. Take tons of pictures. Just know that you are not going to get a perfect picture in the first shot. I usually take at least 20 or 30 shots in order to get one good one. Don’t be afraid to take a lot of pictures.
2. Look at the camera, not the screen. Looking at the screen is a rookie mistake. It will always look like you’re looking away. So, check your pretty girl makeup by looking at the screen, then look at the camera before you snap the pic, gorgeous.
3. Use the special buttons to help you take a perfect picture. For instance, on the iPhone, you can actually use the sound buttons to snap the picture, which makes it a lot easier than trying to hold the phone, look cute, and press the button to snap the picture.
4. Take a few with the front facing camera and a few with the main camera. I always find, especially on the iPhone, that the front facing camera takes softer, prettier pictures and the main camera takes cleaner, crisper pictures. Take a few both ways to decide which is better for you.
5. Smile. Duck faces, frowns, straight faces, serious faces…whatever you want to call it. None of it is cute when taking a selfie. The prettiest selfies are the ones with a soft, natural smile.
Until next time pretty girl!