Marriage can sometimes put you in a sexual rut. While the intimacy between you and your partner might once have been red hot, the burden of responsibility as well as familiarity, may have turned your inferno into a dying camp fire. To add some spice to your sex life, try a few of the tips below. They are sure to spice things back up ASAP!
1. Send a racy text message. Things like this are best reserved for married couples because you can trust your mate not to share your messages and/or pictures with anyone else. In fact, I would only do this with my husband. Send him a text message telling him how much you want him. Or, send him a picture of you in something sexy, maybe his favorite negligee. Send it to him while he’s at work, when he’ll least suspect it. It will surprise him, please him, and have him thinking about you all day.
2. Mix up your routine. If you always have sex at night, try a quickie in the morning. If he’s always on top, you try getting on top for a change. If you always make love with the lights off, leave them on this time. Just doing the opposite of what you usually do can help you to get out of a sex life rut.
3. Change positions. Try new positions. It’s easy to get stuck in the same two or three (I hope it’s not just one) position over and over. It helps to change positions. You’d be surprised at how good it feels to have sex in a way that you haven’t had it before. You can experiment on your own or you could find an app that offers instructions for a variety of different sex positions. You might end up finding a few new favorites.
4. Be bad. Step out of your comfort zone and do something naughty. It could be having sex in a public place, in your car, or on your balcony. It could be skinny dipping at the beach or in a neighborhood pool at midnight. It can be anything that is just a little bit bad, which feels oh so good. It’s funny how when you get married, you stop doing the daring things you used to do because you feel like you can’t do them with your mate. But, who says you can’t? Just because you’re married doesn’t mean you have to have sex in the bed like a responsible married couple. Hop on the kitchen counter and have fun. Put a blanket on the living room floor and go for it. Go for a drive and add a few extracurricular activities. You’re married, not dead.
5. Do it. This one should go without saying, but ladies, listen up. Having your husband on a schedule of once a week, or once every two weeks, or once a month, or only on his birthday, is just plain stupid. Who does that? Sex is something that should be enjoyed as much as possible and men need it (a lot). Even with a newborn at home, I still try and make time for my husband two or three times a week (which is still pretty pathetic to me). If you’re just not into it, then talk to your husband about what he can do to help you get into it. Take some time to experiment and figure out what works for the both of you. There is nothing worse than having the attitude of just wanting to get it other with. If you’re not enjoying sex than you’re doing it wrong.
6. Foreplay. In marriage, there is work and kids and cooking and cleaning and managing the finances, paying bills, taking care of other responsibilities and on and on. Sometimes there is so much to do that sex takes a back seat. And if you do manage to eek out a few minutes for sex, it’s always rushed and redundant, with no time for true intimacy. So, I urge you to take at least one hour this week and devote it to making love. Leave the office early, pick up dinner, put the kids to bed, turn off Netflix, and really make love. Spend at least 20 minutes in foreplay, kissing, touching and fondling. It can really get you hot and helps your female body and female mind to get into the mood for sex. There have been times when I didn’t feel like having sex and my mind was on a million other things. But, after a little foreplay, I was more relaxed, focused, and I enjoyed it so much more. It also helped me to unwind after a long, hard day.
Until next time pretty girl.