Do any of you pretty girls remember those 90s commercials? A woman would come home from a long day at work, only to be greeted by a dirty house and screaming kids. She would then run to her bedroom and shut the door. She’d see a box of Calgon by the tub, fill it up with water, and whisper those four magical words, “Calgon take me away.”
Well, if you’re in need of a relaxing bath, we’ve got you covered. Below are seven of the most amazing baths we could find. Some are traditional, while others may be new, but they all offer something amazing.
1. To unwind after a long day…fill a tub with hot water. Add a few drops of lavender oil and light a lavender candle. If you’re feeling especially restless, you could also consider adding melatonin to your routine (with your physician’s permission). Soak in the bath for up to thirty minutes. Then, climb into bed and drift peacefully off to sleep.
2. To pull toxins from your body…fill a tub with hot water. Add a few scoops of all natural sea salt to the water. Soak for ten minutes and then use a boar body brush to brush all of the surfaced toxins off of your skin. You will leave this bath feeling light, clean and energetic.
3. During flu season…fill a tub with hot water. Add in a healthy dose of hydrogen peroxide and soak for up to thirty minutes. This bath soak is known for its antibacterial properties and may help keep you healthy when everyone else is sick.
4. To create a sauna experience…fill a tub with hot water. Sprinkle in some ginger powder. The ginger will act as a sauna, opening up your pores and helping you feel cleaner and more energized.
5. When you’re feeling stressed…fill a tub with hot water. Sprinkle in some baking soda. The chemicals in the baking soda can neutralize the chlorine of your city water, making the bath as natural as possible. This in turn can help the bath to pull out the stressors in your body more easily.
6. To treat inflammation…fill a tub with hot water. Add in some apple cider vinegar. The ingredients in the vinegar can help to calm inflammation, arthritis and gout.
7. For an energy boost…fill a tub with hot water. Add lemon slices to the water, being sure to squeeze a small amount of lemon juice into the water. The lemon will work to energize you and is good for times when you need a pick me up.