Here are five ways to end your year right:
1. Reflect. Write down three things you accomplished this year. Sometimes we focus so much on what we don’t do, that we forget everything that we’ve done. So, take some time to congratulate yourself on the accomplishments you made this year, no matter how small.
2. Goal Set. Now is the best time to make a plan of what you want to accomplish next year. I suggest you limit it to no more than one thing. Why? Think about it. Every year, we begin the year with a plan to lose weight, save money, find a new job we love, learn a new language, organize, etc. We overwhelm overselves with so many goals we want to reach, that we end up becoming frustrated and not reaching any of them. It’s better to focus all of your effort and attention on one goal and really work towards making it happen.
3. Don’t overeat. Don’t use this as a time to gain weight. It’s cold. There are vacations, holidays, comfort food, friends, family, oversized sweaters and lots of time to overeat. But don’t. Try to keep your weight as stable as possible by eating when you’re hungry, stopping when you’re full, and limiting your comfort foods to one or two. Also, if you’re off and you know you’ll be spending a lot of time at home, try and keep your comfort foods out of the house. Keep fresh fruits, protein shakes and smoothies on hand. Make it so you have to go out in order to eat junk, and you’ll decrease your chances of eating junk food. You can also balance out the amount you eat by increasing your physical activity. For example, if I know that I want to eat sushi or Chinese, I’ll work out for at least an hour and really work my butt off, so that I can eat more without having my weight go up like crazy.
4. Relax. Now is the time to relax and enjoy yourself. Spend a few days of your vacation doing nothing. Relax in your pajamas and watch Netflix and chill. You deserve to spend some time relaxing, reading a good book, playing video games, and just enjoying yourself.
5. Subscribe to PGR. Next year is sure to bring some amazing posts on beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of it by following, subscribing and downloading our app!