It’s true that the best things in life are free. While gifts like flowers, jewelry, handbags, clothes, shoes…I could go on…are amazingly wonderful, sometimes it’s those little free things that mean the most.
Here are our top 5 things a guy can do (and they don’t cost a thing):
- Hold her hand. This is such a small gesture of affection, but it makes a large impact. Holding her hand in private is sweet and let’s her know that you care. Holding her hand in public is romantic and let’s the world know that she’s yours and you’re publicly claiming her. It’s a small, subtle gesture that makes every woman melt.
- Send her a text message. Send her a message just to check in. Tell her that you love her, that you hope her day is going well, or send a few sweet emojis to let her know that you’re thinking of her. It only takes a minute, but it will put a smile on her face and have her thinking about you all day long.
- Do things for her. If you see that her shoe is untied, tie it for her. If she drops something, pick it up. Carry her bags. Do little, spontaneous things that make her life a little easier.
- Open her car door. Prove that chivalry isn’t dead by opening her car door. While this is a vintage gentleman’s move, it shows her that your mother raised you right. If you can take care of her with the little things, then she’ll trust that you’ll take care of the big things.
- Declare your love. Posting a picture of her or something sweet about her on one of your social media accounts is an easy way to show her how much you care. However, be careful not to overdue it. Doing this once in a while is sweet. Doing it all the time is annoying (i.e. WCWs).